I know it's been a few days... we are in day 24 of the fast, man I can't believe it has been that long already. Day 18 & 19 we were at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit 2008. It was very powerful and moving and eye opening.
All the speakers were great, but of course there is usually one that sticks out, that was Craig Groeschel of LifeChurch.tv. If you don't know who he is or ever heard him speak, please, check him out! He has a new book release called "it" HOW CHURCHES AND LEADERS CAN GET it AND KEEP it.
Now, let me say, I am NOT a reader, at all, just the Bible. This book doesn't leave my side. I am almost done and I realize that I want "it", I know we have had "it" but I think "it" has been lost for a while!
So the 4 of us that have been to the conference are on fire for "it". We are doing a two week series on "it". Stage will be cleared except a few boxes of "it" and two signs of "it" and we are trying to figure out how to construct a pile of "it" but no great ideas yet. ($240 dollars worth of puddin' was all that came to mind!! Thanks JD :) )
"it" all comes down to getting and keeping "it". "it" can best be described as that feeling when you walk into a church and say, man, this church has "it"! You can also walk into some churches and say this church doesn't have "it". The only one that knows what "it" is and can give "it" is God. Craig tells you upfront that he doesn't know what "it" is and can't tell us how to get "it" but he profiles some churches that have "it" and what they do. EYE OPENING to say the least!
Check this out, if you take a look at the picture for this post, I went to a website called Wordle and typed in various "it" sayings. For some reason, the program took the words scrambled them up, deleted all but one "it" and made it the focus of the picture. I am anxiously awaiting what God has to tell me about "it". I sure hope and pray that I find "it" and our church does too.
That's "it".

No comments:
Post a Comment