Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fast Day 9

Flower among the thorns....

Today, I have come to a revelation of sorts. I haven't been (trying to) worrying about what we will eat or what we will wear. Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.

I feel like a flower among the thorns that God is taking care of. He will uproot me and plant me on fertile soil, when I am ready. I don't mean this to say that "I am covered" and dont worry about stuff, I NEVER loose sleep and everything is just hunky dory being me and a Christ follower. In fact, being a Christ follower is the hardest thing I have ever done yet the easiest at times.

Father God, thank you for these things you have given to me to take care of. I am in awe of You, your power, your glory and your grace, for your grace is enough for me. Thank you for my friends and family. Father, bless those who are hurting, lost and bless those who are looking for comfort in the wrong places. Reach down to help them up, let them know you are there for them. Thank you for your Son, Jesus. Amen.

No comments: