Monday, July 28, 2008

Fast Day 8

What a wacky day! Meetings postponed for the 2nd time, phone calls with people not happy, emails with other issues.... man, what is up with that! I can't imagine what it would have been like if I hadn't done my devotion this morning..... CRAZY!

I get crazy when I get calls after office hours and they said oh you are still there, can I come up, how long are you going to be there, I need... bla bla bla. Ya know, we are trying to teach Carly about need and want, yeah she's only 3 1/2 but I think she understands when we talk to her about it.

She will say, "Momma, I NEED something to drink" then we talk. Car, are you making an announcement or can I help you with something? She tries again "Momma, I need something to drink...... pllleeeaaassseee", she's so cute. We try again, Car, how about, Momma, may I have a drink please? It works most of the time, she will remember the next time and correct herself, it's great!

It's kinda like the Woman at the well with Jesus or when Jesus told the disciples to go, take nothing with you... we just need to have that unconditional faith that He will take care of us, and He always does.

What do you NEED today?

No comments: