Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fast Day 5 & 6

Saturday morning... have the house to myself. Dave's at work, Carly spent the night with g'ma & papau and I am still in my pj's cookin' a Tombstone pizza for breaklunch! Sometimes its the little things in life that can make you happy.

As I watch Evan Almighty, I am reminded that the things of this world aren't important and won't make me happy: Houses, boats, cars, stuff we fill our house with and what brand of clothes we wear. The one thing that will make and keep me happy is doing what God wants us to do. I don't want to seek God's direction for our lives so hard that I miss hearing what He says, but the signs so far point to this fast being the right way to start and being in the Word every day.

Give up something you love for something you love more. That seems to be the motto for now, so I will end with that....

No comments: