Ok, it's been a LONG TIME since I have updated my blog. Ever have those times when you know God is there but can't feel Him? Perhaps in my case it's because I haven't been looking... very hard.... ok, at all! Friday, I was listening to Craig Groeschel from LifeChurch.TV in his Dangerous Church 2 series. I want to be a part of that! It got me fired up!
Dave and I were discussing on Sunday different sermons we listened to over the past couple of days and decided to listen to StonePoint Church's first two sermons in their current series Fearless. Um, I don't know how to explain it but Dave and I decided to go on a fast for the next 40 days and be in prayer about our next plan, let me rephrase that, God's next plan of attack for our lives. So, we pondered for about an hour on what to "Fast", popcorn (we LOVE our popcorn, real pan popped none of that microwave junk), coffee, sweets... all of that seemed to easy to give up, so we went for "The Real Thing", yes that's right, Coca-Cola.... we even extended it to ANY carbonated beverage. See, we LOVE LOVE LOVE our Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Coke Zero & Diet Coke. So we did a sweep of the fridge and IT'S ON!
So that leads me to yesterday, the first day of our fast. About 11am I was wanting my Coke so I prayed. Alright, test one, check! I did it! Thank you Jesus! Later in the day, I get an email from my BFF in Newnan... His speaking engagement at his church changed from mid August to Labor Day weekend (Sunday). Hummm, didn't think anything about it. Called Dave & left him a message to see if he could get a couple of days off (harder to do than you might think) so we could visit GA. About 20 minutes later he comes to church for a few minutes to see me, didn't get the message so we talk about it. This gets good....
Dave NEVER has "company days off". They pretty much work unless it's Christmas or Thanksgiving or 4th of July, but low and behold, he actually gets Labor Day off. WOW! So, ok now what. Well, we were talking about leaving the 29th of August thru the 2nd of September. Humm, we look at the calendar and find out THE 29TH OF AUGUST IS THE LAST DAY OF OUR FAST! Ok, God, what are you telling us, its only the first day of our fast and we already have a cool thing happen!
Please, pray for us that God will give us the direction we should move in and what His will is for our next step. For now... peace out!

1 comment:
Dear LORD, it's about time you posted. I was worried that you forgot about it. ANYWAY...
Any part that I have/will/can play in God's Plan for you (Dave, Michelle, Carly) is humbling. I am amazing at how God is moving in both of your lives and how you both inspire me.
Thanks for the shout out and props.
You are my BFF (and Udder Wife)
BTW - SID and I bought some AMAZING Tomatillio sauce last night.....I had dreams about it....
Post a Comment