I stopped to ponder for a moment about that. I wondered if the kids had done this to their moms car to be funny. Then I wondered, if that were true, why didn't they wash it for her, after all it WAS Mother's Day. Then I thought further...
I think all of us have "wash me" written on us. I'm sure Jesus watches us drive by all the time with all kinds of worries, hatred, lies, criticism, envy, lust, greed and all other kinds of worldly dirt attached to us. Dirt so ground in that it requires special detergent. God gave us that detergent. Jesus died a painful death on a cross and shed his blood to wash away our sins.
I also think that this goes for all the "stuff" that we just have to accumulate to be cooler than the next door neighbor or our friends. For me, I don't want or need anything else to write "wash me" on. I have been blessed with a house, husband and daughter, and a wonderful family and extended family. I want to be able to be there for them and help them out rather than worry about keeping up with the stuff I need to wash.
Matthew 6:19-21 says: 19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
And there is always my favorite, John 3:16: 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
If you do one thing today, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He will forgive you and wash you clean of all your sins. He doesn't care how long its been since you have come to church, confessed or done a good deed, He just wants you to love and accept Him. You don't even have to change! He will accept you just the way you are, dirty with "wash me" written on you.
If you don't have a bible, can't afford one or want to find out more about a personal relationship with Jesus, please email me... I would be happy to help!
Your sister in Christ,
Michelle

No comments:
Post a Comment