
Through out the years, I have come into relationships with people from all walks of life. From high school on I felt God put people in my life to teach me a lesson, to help or to go through life with. John & Sarah-Irene are no exception, but certainly re-write the rules.
Last year, February 7th, Dave had a heart episode and I had to take him from the Doctors office to the hospital in a matter of 30 minutes. His heart rate was 160 and by the time we were in a room it was almost 200 beats per minute. After things calmed down and meds set in (about 3 hours or so) John & Sarah show up. Before they leave, they pray for us and for Mike, Dave's room mate. I was so grateful to have them there as I wasn't sure what was going on with Dave.
The next morning, Dave had more tests and was moved to the Cardiac wing, much nicer, of the hospital. There, more folks from church came to see him, and yes, John and Sarah were back. They stayed with us almost all day. They left to bring back dinner for me but also came back with supplies for me to take a shower and more importantly, a Bible for Dave.
See Dave had brought his "Message" bible with him and it didn't leave his side, but it was a bear to look up scripture in because there aren't any verse or chapter numbers. The new bible was inscribed by John & Sarah and given from their hearts. To this day, that bible never leaves his side. Oh, he has a couple more that he references, but you won't see him without that now worn, highlighted, comfortable bible.
For the last year, I have worked almost everyday with John at the church and with Sarah on many design projects. They have become our extended family, always by our side. Because of them and the love in Christ that they show, I have become closer in my relationship to Jesus. I have seen Dave grow too. John and Sarah are very much like that bible they gave Dave over a year ago...
Worn - we are family. can pop in anytime in our slippers to watch a movie or cook some ribs!
Highlighted - laugh at inside jokes or reminisce at the fun times we have had
Comfortable - they are always by our side, we can talk about anything
I KNOW without a doubt that God has put them in our lives for a reason. I know a few good ones and can't wait to see the new ones that are yet to be revealed.
They will be missed, Dave and I love them both. We just don't know how to say good bye to our friends that our always by our side.

1 comment:
That's what SHE said...
Seriously, I am amazed at this post. Not only does it really humble me, but this is really a great post. You are also starting to find your voice in the BLOG-O-SPHERE, my friend.
I cannot speak for Sarah(who could, really?), but the entire Ness family are in our hearts, you are our friends, our cohorts, our partners in crime, but more importantly, you are our family.
I thank God every day for you 3, and I KNOW that we would not have survived without you.
We love you all and will miss you terribly............until you move to Atlanta, of course.
Post a Comment