Ok, a friend called today and said they missed me at Bible study last night. As we were talking the fast came up, I had told her we were fasting and praying for the next 40 days about God's next move for us. As I told her what we were fasting (Coke & all carbonated drinks) she said that she is also off coke because of her diabetes. Then, we talked and talked and talked about Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine free Diet Coke, Coke Zero (good grief I WANT A COKE NOW, so after this post, I'll be praying). She said, listen to us worshiping soda. Dang... good point!
And that is what a fast is all about. When you give up something you love, you are doing so for something you love more! I pretty sure love the Lord more than Coke! (Carly-ism = I pretty sure) Now, as I write this, my take away already today is that by doing this fast, we are praying about doing something we love more, working for the Lord where the LORD WANT US.
Matthew 10:37-39 Hard scripture! Loving our God more than our family.... leaving our family to do God's will.... Luke 18:29-30; Mark 10:29-31
Matthew 18:19-20 The reason we are fasting together.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment